What a year it has been! As we move through tax season our team is working hard to help this year run smoothly. Here are just some of the things that have been going on since our last newsletter.
Promotions and New Hires
Cole Dixon joined us on February 1 as a Business Advisory Associate.
Donna Mounce joined us on February 15 and Keke Lassiter-Farrington on February 18. Both are seasonal staff associates.
While COVID still prevented us from holding all of our normal gatherings, we still found ways to connect, relax, and have fun – whether that be trips with family, hanging with our co-workers (four-legged included!), or celebrating Galentines Day!
We celebrated Black History Month!
- Mary T. Washington was the thirteenth African American CPA in the entire country in 1941! The North Carolina Association of CPAs has been celebrating Black History Month in the accounting profession throughout the month. You can learn more about Mary here: https://www.ncacpa.org/blog/celebrating-diversity-3/
- The first African American CPA in North Carolina was inducted into the Accounting Hall of Fame in 2019. You can learn more about William “Bill” Louis Campfield from the North Carolina Association of CPAS: https://www.ncacpa.org/blog/celebrating-diversity-2-2/
Women’s History Month Spotlights
We are proud of all the special women who are a part of our team! We are highlighting two of them this month.
Employee Spotlight – Deetra Watson
Employee Spotlight – Susan Puryear
We are very excited to share that our office renovations and addition have been completed! We are loving our new space and can’t wait to be able to enjoy social events in our spacious new kitchen! Our team members have settled into their new space and are enjoying all the natural light (so many windows!) and the new video conference room.
Trish Distler, Tax Manager
Scott Hartman, 2/11 – Turned 50!!!!
- Rob Lewis, 2/11
- Joe Beaudin, 2/25
- Neely McLaughlin, 3/13
- Chris Elton, 3/22
- Keke Lassiter-Farrington, 3/23
- Chad Huckabee, 3/26
- Elizabeth Mauch, 5 years on 2/3
- Nate Wicker, 2 years on 2/4
- Stephen Lau, 4 years on 2/6
- Lynn Merritt, 11 years on 2/8
- Katelyn Schubel, 1 year on 2/14
- Jen Lewis, 6 years on 2/23