Ben joined the Blackman & Sloop team in 2012. He currently serves as a senior manager in the firm’s Trust & Estate Department, working primarily with individual high net worth clients.
A dedicated professional, Ben credits his career success to his relentless work ethic. He chose to go into accounting—and pursue his CPA designation, in particular—because he knew it would always provide secure and stable job opportunities. Ben credits his father for teaching him the value of hard work.
Born in Medellin, Colombia, Ben was raised outside of Boston, Massachusetts. Growing up, he was an avid Tarheel fan, so moving to Chapel Hill, where he currently resides, was a lifelong dream come true. Outside of the office, Ben can usually be found spending time with his family, enjoying the great outdoors, exercising or riding his motorcycle.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – North Carolina
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- University of Vermont
- Bachelor of Art in Psychology – 1999
- Master of Business Administration – 2011