Ben joined the Blackman & Sloop team in 2012. He currently serves as a Principal for the firm’s Trust & Estate Department, working primarily with individual high net worth clients on compliance and planning opportunities.
A dedicated professional, Ben credits his career success to his relentless work ethic. It does not matter what he is focusing on, either professionally or personally, Ben was taught to work hard no matter the endeavor. He chose to go into accounting—and pursue his CPA designation, in particular—because he knew it would always provide secure and stable job opportunities.
Born in Medellin, Colombia, Ben was raised outside of Boston, Massachusetts. Growing up, he was an avid Tarheel fan, so moving to Chapel Hill, where he currently resides, was a natural fit. Outside of the office, Ben can usually be found spending time with his family, exercising, or enjoying all the wonderful activities the great state of North Carolina has to offer, from the mountains to the beach, and everything in between.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – North Carolina #37309
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- University of Vermont
- Bachelor of Art in Psychology – 1999
- Master of Business Administration – 2011