Laura Bennett, EA, NTPI Fellow
Senior Tax Manager
Laura entered the accounting field in 1999. In 2018, she joined Blackman and Sloop as a Senior Tax Associate. Today, she serves the firm as a Senior Tax Manager. In this capacity, Laura specializes in working on tax engagements for estates, trusts, and high net worth individuals.
With more than two decades of experience, Laura is an enormous asset to the firm and her clients. She is a thoughtful, kind, and trustworthy professional who always manages to maintain a positive attitude. Laura considers her clients to be her extended family, and without them, her career simply would not be possible. She attributes her career success to her family, friends, and coworkers, all of whom guided her and helped shape her into the individual that she is today.
Originally from Graham, North Carolina, Laura currently lives in Burlington with her husband, Anthony. They have two sons, Gabe and Grayson, and a Labrador Retriever named Maverick. Laura loves Burlington because of its smalltown atmosphere—everyone knows everyone. Outside of the office, Laura loves spending time with her family and friends. When she has the opportunity to travel, she loves going to Florida to visit Disney, Universal Studios, and the beaches.
- Enrolled Agent (EA)
- National Tax Practice InstituteTM (NTPI®) Fellow
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
- North Carolina Society of Enrolled Agents (NCSEA)
- Membership Committee Chair
- Secretary of Askew Foundation Scholarship Committee
- Providence Memorial Association
- Parent Teacher Association of Altamahaw Ossipee Elementary
- UNC Chapel Hill Alumni Association
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- Bachelor of Art in Economics – 1994
- University of North Carolina – Greensboro
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting – 1997
- Master of Science in Accounting – 1999