Scott joined the Blackman & Sloop team in 2015 as a Senior Manager in the tax department. He is responsible for providing comprehensive tax compliance and planning services to the firm’s clients. Scott primarily serves real estate, construction and professional services companies.
An enthusiastic professional, Scott’s colleagues consider him a great resource for technical tax questions. He was inspired to pursue a career in accounting after listening to his father’s colleague share the story of his career as the CFO of a privately held company. Scott attributes his success to hard work, determination, and the ability to work well with others.
Raised in Virginia, Scott moved to Chapel Hill with his wife, Lisa, in 1997. They currently reside in Pittsboro, North Carolina with their two children and their dog, Buddy. Scott enjoys golfing, cooking, traveling, and skiing.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – North Carolina #29319
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- North Carolina State University
- Masters in Accounting – 2000
- West Virginia University
- Master of Arts in Education – 1995
- University of Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – 1993